Last revised: 22nd August 2022
NOTE THAT CLAUSE 12 LIMITS OUR LIABILITY
By continuing to browse this site and specifically when registering as a registered user on this site you agree to comply with and be bound by our terms. If you do not agree to our terms, you must stop using this site immediately.
We reserve the right to change our terms at any time and it is your responsibility to check them regularly when visiting this site. By continuing to use and access this site following any such changes, you agree to be bound by any variation.
Our terms, and any contract between us, are only in the English language.
1. WHO WE ARE
This site is operated by Indie Retail, a division of C 2 Zero Ltd (we, us or our). We are a limited company registered in England Wales whose registered office is 2nd Floor, Hygeia House, 66 College Road, Harrow, Middlesex HA1 1BE. Our company registration number is 5121702 and our VAT registration number is 839636580.
You may contact us by telephone on 01273 427 700 or by e-mailing us at email@example.com or writing to us at Indie Retail, Unit W4, Knoll Business Centre, 325-327 Old Shoreham Road, Hove, BN3 7GS.
2. PRIVACY AND COOKIES
3. ACCESSING THIS SITE
We do not guarantee that this site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to this site is permitted on a temporary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of this site without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason this site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to this site, including configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to do so.
You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access this site through your internet connection are aware of our terms, and that they comply with them.
Any user identification code, password or any other piece of information used as part of our security procedures is confidential and must not be disclosed to any third party. Please notify us promptly if you know or suspect that anyone else knows it.
We have the right to disable any user identification code or password if in our reasonable opinion you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of our terms.
4. THE CONTENT OF THIS SITE
The content of this site is for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on this site. Your use of content on this site is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable.
We may update this site or change the content at any time. However, please note that any of the content on this site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update it. We do not guarantee that this site, or any content on it, will be free from errors or omissions. Neither we nor any third parties guarantee the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this site for any particular purpose.
In relation to the content of the training modules/courses that are accessible through this site, we will use our reasonable endeavours to keep this content up to date, accurate and complete, as required from time to time. Notwithstanding this, the training course is undertaken on the understanding it should not be regarded as giving legal advice or an authoritative interpretation of the legal regulations.
5. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in this site and in the material published on it. This material includes, but is not limited to, the content, trade marks, branding, design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. All such rights are reserved. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with our terms.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from this site for your individual and non-commercial use. You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any material you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text. Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on this site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the content on this site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
If you print off, copy or download any part of this site in breach of our terms, your right to use this site will cease immediately and you must, at our option, return or destroy any copies of the materials you have made. Unauthorised reproduction of any material on this site may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
You may link to our homepage, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it. You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. You must not establish a link to this site in any website that is not owned by you.
This site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of this site other than the homepage.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
7. USER-GENERATED CONTENT
This site may include information and materials uploaded by other users of this site. This information and these materials have not been verified or approved by us.
We are not obliged to monitor or moderate any text, images, video, audio or other multimedia content, information or material submitted to these sections of this site. The views expressed by other users on this site do not represent our views or values. We may remove or edit any such submissions whether they are moderated or not.
If you wish to complain about content uploaded by other users, please contact us as per the above details.
8. UPLOADING CONTENT TO THIS SITE
Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload content to this site, you must comply with the content standards set out in the Acceptable Usage of this site section below.
9. ACCEPTABLE USAGE OF THIS SITE
You may use this site only for lawful purposes.
You may not use this site:
- In any way that breaches any applicable law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To bully, insult, intimidate or humiliate any person.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards set out below.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of this site;
- any equipment or network on which this site is stored;
- any software used in the provision of this site; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
You must further comply with the following content standards in relation to any and all material which you contribute to this site (Contribution), and to any interactive services associated with it.
A Contribution must:
- be accurate (where it states facts);
- be genuinely held (where it states opinions);
- be your own original work and be lawfully submitted;
- comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
A Contribution must not:
- be defamatory of any person.
- be obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- bully, insult, intimidate or humiliate.
- promote sexually explicit material.
- include child sexual abuse material.
- promote violence.
- promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- be likely to deceive any person.
- breach any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- promote any illegal activity.
- be in contempt of court.
- be threatening, abusive or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- impersonate any person or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- give the impression that the Contribution emanates from us, if this is not the case.
- advocate, promote, incite any party to commit, or assist any unlawful or criminal act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
- contain a statement which you know or believe, or have reasonable grounds for believing, that members of the public to whom the statement is, or is to be, published are likely to understand as a direct or indirect encouragement or other inducement to the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism.
- contain any advertising or promote any services or web links to other third party sites.
Notwithstanding anything else contained in our terns, a breach of this section of our terms, or otherwise, may result in our taking all or any of the following actions:
- immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use this site;
- immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any Contribution uploaded by you to this site;
- issue of a warning to you;
- legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach; and/or
- further legal action against you.
Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary or as required by law.
We do not guarantee that this site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse this site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to this site, the server on which this site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to this site. You must not attack this site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use this site will cease immediately.
11. TERMS OF SERVICE
Please refer to our Terms & Conditions for the terms that govern the purchase of training modules/courses from this site.
12. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Nothing in our terms excludes or limits our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, or our fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or any other liability that cannot be excluded or limited by English law.
TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE EXCLUDE ALL CONDITIONS, WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS OR OTHER TERMS WHICH MAY APPLY TO THIS SITE OR ANY CONTENT ON IT, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED.
WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO ANY USER FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF STATUTORY DUTY, OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE, ARISING UNDER OR IN CONNECTION WITH:
- USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THIS SITE;
- USE OF OR RELIANCE ON ANY CONTENT DISPLAYED ON THIS SITE.
IN PARTICULAR WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO BUSINESS USERS FOR
- LOSS OF PROFITS, SALES, BUSINESS, OR REVENUE;
- LOSS OR CORRUPTION OF DATA, INFORMATION OR SOFTWARE;
- BUSINESS INTERRUPTION;
- LOSS OF ANTICIPATED SAVINGS;
- LOSS OF BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY, GOODWILL OR REPUTATION; OR
- ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSS OR DAMAGE.
IF YOU ARE A CONSUMER USER, PLEASE NOTE THAT WE ONLY PROVIDE THIS SITE FOR DOMESTIC AND PRIVATE USE. YOU AGREE NOT TO USE THIS SITE FOR ANY COMMERCIAL OR BUSINESS PURPOSES, AND WE HAVE NO LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY LOSS OF PROFIT, LOSS OF BUSINESS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, OR LOSS OF BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY.
WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY A VIRUS, DISTRIBUTED DENIAL-OF-SERVICE ATTACK, OR OTHER TECHNOLOGICALLY HARMFUL MATERIAL THAT MAY INFECT YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT, COMPUTER PROGRAMS, DATA OR OTHER PROPRIETARY MATERIAL DUE TO YOUR USE OF THIS SITE OR TO YOUR DOWNLOADING OF ANY CONTENT ON IT, OR ON ANY WEBSITE LINKED TO IT.
FROM TIME TO TIME, THIS SITE MAY ALSO INCLUDE LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES OPERATED BY THIRD PARTIES. THESE LINKS ARE PROVIDED FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE TO PROVIDE FURTHER INFORMATION. THEY DO NOT SIGNIFY THAT WE ENDORSE THE WEBSITE(S). WE HAVE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE CONTENT OF THE LINKED WEBSITE(S).
13. OTHER IMPORTANT TERMS
We may transfer our rights and obligations under our terms to another organisation, but this will not affect your rights or our obligations. You may only transfer your rights or your obligations to another person if we agree in writing.
Our terms govern the relationship between us and you. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of our terms.
If any provision or part-provision of our terms is or becomes invalid, illegal or unenforceable, it shall be deemed modified to the minimum extent necessary to make it valid, legal and enforceable. If such modification is not possible, the relevant provision or part-provision shall be deemed deleted. Any modification to or deletion of a provision or part-provision under this paragraph shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the rest of our terms.
If we fail to insist that you perform any of your obligations under our terms, or if we do not enforce our rights against you, or if we delay in doing so, that will not mean that we have waived our rights against you and will not mean that you do not have to comply with those obligations. If we do waive a default by you, we will only do so in writing, and that will not mean that we will automatically waive any later default by you.
14. GOVERNING LAW
Our terms, their subject matter and their formation (and any non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by English law. You and we agree to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.